You can upload pictures using the special upload wizard. If you do not have a user account in Wikimedia projects (the same user account that you use in Wikipedia), you can create a user account here. New user accounts may have to wait for 4 days before being able to upload new pictures. There will be no restriction on the number of images and the main goal of the project will be to improve the quality of pictures related to Indian cuisines.
- All photos participating in the competition should be shot by you owning th copyright. Please do not upload images shot by others or images found in the web..
- Uploading of eligible pictures for the competition should be done between 15th May and 15th June 2015. You could have shot these pictures earlier but these need to be uploaded in this period;
- All entries should be under a free copyright license, or release it to the public domain. The preferred license used by the upload wizard is Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 CC-BY-SA 4.0; Please upload pictures using our special upload wizard for this contest so that this is automatically taken care of.
- All eligible pictures should have an identification. The identification is done by adding the following “Images from Wiki Loves Food 2015” category to the page description of the image. Please upload pictures using our special upload wizard for this contest so that this is automatically taken care of.
- Non-photographic works such as drawings or entirely computer-generated works
- Photographs that are already on Commons (i.e., re-uploading is not allowed)
- Please consider the encyclopedic usefulness of the image. As the images will be hosted on Wikimedia Commons, all entries must fall within Commons scope. Any that do not will be disqualified and may be deleted without notice.
- Do not add watermarks or frames
Criteria for Judging
Judging of the Photos will be based solely on the following 3 criteria.
- Technical quality
- Potential usefulness and overall value of the image (including its licensing) to the Wikimedia projects
* Can non-Indian citizens or Indians living abroad participate in this contest?
Yes. You may win the title. But, since the prizes are handed over by Wikimedia India Chapter, we are restricted by our local regulations to disperse money within India only.
* How do you define something as Indian food?
For the purpose of this contest, food that is well recognized and consumed in Indian sub-continental region can be defined as Indian food.
* Any idea of pictures not welcomed for this contest?
** Avoid uploading from online sources.
** Avoid uploading media that is not photograph (video, pdf etc.,)
** Not a food from the Indian subcontinent.
** Pictures of uncooked food fruits, vegetables, animal flesh or any other food stuff occurring in natural form
** Duplicate pictures of the same food item presented in multiple angles.
** Pictures not having clear encyclopedic value that are not mentioned in [[:en:Category:Indian cuisine|any list of foods]]
** Branded and factory manufactured food products
** Food items presented for non-edible purposes.
** Pictures where food is not the prime subject (Long shot images, images in which too many non-food related objects are present)
** Images with too many food items mixed in the same frame.
** Do not watermark or frame your images.
* How many pictures can I upload?
You can upload as many pictures you can. We encourage to upload many pictures regarding various Indian food instead of the same food item in various angles. If possible, you can give preference for food items that don’t have a picture already in Wikimedia Commons.
For example, to check if images regarding Laddu are already present, you can do a [https://images.google.com/ Google image search] as below:
If an image already exists, try to upload a better image as that will get more usage in our Wikimedia projects. You can also check various Indian food item names at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Indian_cuisine and upload images regarding them.